The Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA offers drop-in child care while you are in the facility.
On-site care while you workout
The Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA offers drop-in child care while you are in the facility. Children will be able to stay for up to 1 hour 15 minutes. We are currently offering the service at our Harrisburg and Kannapolis locations but will expand to all branches as we are able to safely do so.
Playhouse staff will be cleaning during each timeslot as well as a deep clean between time blocks.
Staff will not be able to provide diapering services at this time. Staff will contact you when there is a need.
Children showing any symptoms of illness will not be allowed to stay.
Please allow extra time at check-in to complete a COVID screening questionnaire and temperature check.
As a part of our safety guidelines, we are keeping ratios low and space is limited. Reservations are required and can be made below.
Ages: 2-9 years old
New Hours Beginning February 1:
Monday & Wednesday:
Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Ages: 2-5 years old
PLAYHOUSE REOPENING GUIDELINES
- If you or your child have been exposed or are waiting on results, we ask that you share this with the YMCA, so we can properly notify members. Privacy will be maintained in the notification process.
- You and your child’s temperature will be taken prior to leaving your child with Y staff.
- Masks required for all participants/staff.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home, even if it is not Covid related: fever, cough, rash, green mucus, diarrhea, tummy ache or any sick symptoms.
- Your child must be fever free, without medication, for at least 24 hours. Some illness may require a doctor’s note before the child returns.
- Registration is required 24 hours in advance via Signup Genius (links above).
- The YMCA will offer very limited activities. Parents are strongly encouraged to bring crayons or iPads (labeled).
- Y staff is not able to diaper, at this time. All kids must be potty trained.
- Kids will be asked to wash hands upon entering and staff will encourage kids to wash hands frequently.
- Playhouse is for members only, while working out on Y property.
- Each visit parents must sign your child in/out and complete child care form at the first visit with any special instructions.
The Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA follows NCDHHS, CDC, and the NC YMCA Alliance protocols on cleaning, child/staff ratios, and all other safety protocols. It is our desire to offer Playhouse to parents while they work out. The Y will be limited on activities offered during the child’s stay. Please read the following and ask questions, if you have them.
When allowed the YMCA will re-open completely without limits the Playhouse areas but until that time, we appreciate your support and understanding of the YMCA and our goal to maintain a safe and healthy space for all.