The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive. Anchored in more than 10,000 neighborhoods around the country, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence not just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change. Though the world may be unpredictable, one thing remains certain - the Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities.
As a member of the Y, you’re part of an organization committed to helping everyone in our community have the opportunities they need to learn, grow and thrive. Our membership policies are designed to ensure we can continue to provide a safe, positive and nurturing environment where individuals and families feel welcome and at home.
- Respect your YMCA facilities, staff and fellow members.
- Profane language, racial, ethnic or cultural slurs are not tolerated.
- Abide by all conduct codes, rules, policies and facility guidelines.
- Dress appropriately for the activity in which you are participating.
- No tobacco, alcohol, illegal substances or weapons, including concealed weapons allowed on YMCA property or during YMCA programs at any time.
- Children ages 9 and under may not be left unsupervised at the facility. They must be checked into the Y child care area or Teen Center unless they are actively involved in a YMCA program, and a parent must be on the premises.
- All members are required to bring their membership card and have the card visible during their stay.
- Only YOU may use YOUR membership card.
- Replace and report lost/stolen cards immediately so access can be blocked to unauthorized users.
- Membership cards can be replaced for a fee of $5.
- Members receive priority registration for most programs. Late fees may be applicable for late registration, so early registration is advised.
- The YMCA reserves the right to cancel classes or programs at any time due to scheduling conflicts or insufficient enrollment.
- A 10% sibling discount is given on some program fees when an additional participant from the same family is registering for the enrollment in the same program session in the same department. Not all programs are eligible for a sibling discount. These additional discounts are not applicable for use with financial assistance.
- Program fees and non-refundable unless the YMCA cancels a class or program, then a refund or credit will be issued.
- For those patrons who are not yet potty trained, rubber pants MUST be worn. They may be worn on their own or in conjunction with a swim diaper.
- All patrons are requested to wear attire specifically marketed for swimming. Basketball shorts, other nylon shorts, sports bras, t-shirts, and other cotton apparel may not be worn without a swim suit.
- Please remember to respect others and wear swim suits that are appropriate for a family environment. Any t-shirts worn over a swim suit are to be light in color.
Dress code and fitness center guidelines are posted in fitness areas. Members should review these before visiting.
- Members receive a COMPLIMENTARY fitness orientation upon joining and can schedule this with fitness staff.
- Please respect others by observing a 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment when other members are waiting.
- Please wipe down each piece of equipment with sanitizing spray after using.
- Shorts must be at least fingertip length.
- Sports bras are not to be worn without a shirt covering them.
Members can be place a hold on their membership account for 3 months per calendar year. Members must provide a written request 15 days prior to their next scheduled daft date. Requests can be made in person at any of our six locations or via email.
Members must provide a written cancellation request 15 days prior to their next scheduled draft date. Requests can be made in person at any of our six locations or via email.
Branch hours may vary by location. We are closed in observance of the following holidays:
Good Friday (Salisbury, East Rowan, & South Rowan only)
Some branches may have limited hours on other major holidays. Please check with your preferred branch to get details about the latest hours and holiday closures.
Members & Guests 16 years and older, may visit the Y up to five (5) times per year. The first visit is free if the guest presents a photo ID. A Y member must accompany the guests on each visit. If no ID is available, the first visit is $10. Each additional visit (up to five) are also $10 per visit.
Members & Guests 15 years and under (no ID), may visit the up to five (5) times per year. The first visit is $5 per guest and each additional visit (up to five) is $3 per visit per guest. A Y member must accompany guests on each visit.
We proudly participate in the Nationwide membership program, and are allowing access for members at all participating YMCAs. On your first visit, you may be asked to sign a member waiver and COVID waiver. Nationwide members have access to the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA, but are not able to bring guests.
Tell a friend about the Y and you'll receive a FREE month of membership if they join!
Here are a few reasons you should BUDDY UP FOR FITNESS . . .
- When you refer a friend to join, YOU earn a FREE month of membership!
- A friend can keep you faithful to a fitness routine on the days when sleeping in late just seems better. Knowing that a friend is waiting for you can give you that extra push.
- You can turn a boring one-hour workout into some quality time with a friend. It can be a great time to catch up. "Time flies when you're having fun!"
- Fill out a Member Referral Card today!
*The new member must refer to you at the time they join in order for you to receive the free month.
Use of the YMCA facilities and participation in physically demanding activities inherently exposes the participant to a certain degree of risk of personal injury, illness and other adverse medical consequences. The YMCA is not an insurer of a member’s life or personal safety. No member will engage in activities that require a level of physical fitness exceeding the member’s physical condition or abilities, as determined by the member and/or doctor. Every member assumes the risk of personal injury, illness or other conditions arising out of or related to activities on YMCA premises and releases the YMCA, its directors, officers, agents and employees from all claims, actions or liability on account of such causes.
It is your responsibility to have sufficient funds in your account on your draft date (1st or 15th) for your monthly dues draft. In the event you do not have sufficient funds in your account, accounts are closed or changed; you will have seven calendar days from the draft date to make payment at the branch. If payment is not made by then you will be assessed a processing fee of $25. Account holder is also responsible for all other check recovery cost.
All membership and joining fees are non-refundable.
...will cross reference all members with the National Registry of Sex Offenders. Anyone listed/registered will NOT be allowed to maintain/re-new/acquire a YMCA membership or attend functions at the YMCA or YMCA events off-site.
...may photograph or video members in YMCA activities or using facilities for marketing purposes.
...expects all members on this account to adhere to posted rules and guidelines to maintain membership status.
...expects that all members on this account will present their membership card/mobile app for entrance into the YMCA. Cards are not transferable and members may be asked to leave or terminated, if cards are shared.
The Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA reserves the right to revoke any membership. The protection of our members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities is of paramount interest to the YMCA. The association reserves the right to deny access to membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse; is a registered sex offender; excessive NSF returns; bullying; fighting or any behavior unbecoming a YMCA member.