DISABLED VETERAN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
We now offer a scholarship program for disabled veterans. Program requirements include:
- Verification of VA Benefits (Summer of Benefits Letter).
- Must visit the membership desk to receive assistance through the Disabled Veteran Scholarship Program.
- Scholarship applies to family/household memberships as long as the veteran is active on the account.
For those who are active or retired and not disabled, we offer a join fee waive and 15% off your monthly dues.
MILITARY OUTREACH INITIATIVE (MOI)
We understand that military families are under enormous strain so we are honored to participate in the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, which provides free Y membership to military families through the Department of Defense.
As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It's also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY: Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and reservists
- Active Duty personnel at Independent Duty Stations and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty Personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders - NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU).
HOW TO APPLY: You can visit you local Y to pick up the necessary forms, or download the forms here.
Fill out your eligibility form and bring it with your military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your deployment orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to your local Y.