If eligible, the disabled Veteran may receive a reduced monthly rate and we will waive the join fee. Program requirements include:

  • Verification of VA Benefits (Summary of Benefits Letter).
  • Must visit the membership desk to receive assistance through the Disabled Veteran Scholarship Program.
  • Scholarship applies to family/household memberships as long as the veteran is active on the account.


For those who are active duty, retired, or served and are not disabled, we will waive the join fee and provide 15% off your monthly dues. 


We understand that military families are under enormous strain so we are honored to participate in the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative, which provides free Y membership to military families through the Department of Defense. 

As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It's also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation. 

MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY: Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:

  • Family members of deployed National Guard and reservists
  • Active Duty personnel at Independent Duty Stations and their families
  • Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty Personnel

Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:

  • The service member is on active duty.
  • The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders - NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
  • The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
  • Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU).

HOW TO APPLY: Visit www.asymca.org or email dodymca@asymca.org to apply. Service member must get approval through the Military Component Approving Official for their branch. Once approved, we receive a request for invoice from DOD YMCA and can activate the membership.

Fill out your eligibility form and bring it with your military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your deployment orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to your local Y.