Beginning August 3, the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA’s indoor fitness centers will be open for the purpose of serving members as prescribed or directed by a medical professional, in accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order 151, and meeting all requirements of the NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). All members are required to sign a waiver to enter the facility. Complete the waiver now to save yourself time on your first visit. For youth under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver prior to visiting.
Remember: If your membership is currently on hold or inactive, please allow extra time on your first visit to update your membership and complete all waivers.
Age Guidelines: Youth members who are at least 16 years old may visit the Y without a parent or guardian once a waiver is signed. Youth members under 16 years old may have access to specific areas with a parent or guardian. Please contact your local Y for more information.
Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA members can now call ahead, up to 24 hours in advance, to reserve your spot in various areas of the facility. We encourage you to take advantage of this option as walk-ins are not guaranteed space. Use the links below to make your reservations.
Reservations during the week are for the Main Fitness Center and Studio A which has elliptical, bike, rower, ab machines, dumbbells, mats and a few other pieces of equipment. Main Fitness Center has space for 10 and Studio A has space for 6.
The following rules apply:
- Per the Governor's orders, effective Saturday, June 27, masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building.
- Upon first entry, you must present a medical prescription from a medical professional stating that exercise has been prescribed for your health. Once you provide this note for viewing by our staff, we will not require that you bring note again.
- Your membership must be ACTIVE in order to use the Fitness Center. If you are on hold, we will remove the hold on your fist visit.
- An updated waiver wil need to be signed on your first visit. You can either do this online by visiting our website www.rocabymca.org, or at the member service desk.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time in the Fitness Center to allow our member services staff to check you in to the fitness area.
- Reservations are for a time limit of 75 minutes and begin at 6am M-F, again at 4pm M-TR and 8am on Saturday.The Y will be closed on Sunday.
- We will not allow members to stay past their scheduled time to allow us a 15 minute cleaning between slots.
- Reservations are open 24 hours in advance on a first come first serve basis. Please only sign up for one time slot per day.
- Upon entry in the Fitness Center, you will be given a spray bottle and towels. You will be encouraged to wipe down all equipment before and after use. Once you have completed your workout, you will return spray bottle to the attendant.
- Showers are not available for use but you may change in the locker room after your reservation is complete.
- Cardio machines will have an X to be blocked off, however we will enforce social distancing by not allowing members to be on side by side cardio machines
- Masks are not required while working out. However, masks ARE REQUIRED in all common areas and hallways.
- All classes will be at Stallings Park: 4050 Stallings Rd, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- All participants will need to bring their water bottle and mat for classes.
- Restrooms will be accessible at the park during class times.
- All members will be required to sign and update waiver/account before class.
- Virtual Classes links are through GoTo meetings; these links stay the same throughout the weeks. Zoom and Zumba App class are updated weekly.
- Inclement Weather: If a class has to be canceled due to weather, we will announce the cancellation 1 hour before class on multiple platforms. We will do our best to offer a virtual class via Facebook live on our Harrisburg Community page during this time. Information will be provided.
- Minimum age: 16
- Class space is limited. Be sure to reserve your spot below.
- You are able to sign up 24 hours before class starts and up until 1 hour before the class starts.
- If you are unable to attend, make sure to cancel or email Mandie Condie.
- If any issues with logging in, you can contact the YMCA at 704.454.7800 or email Mandie Condie.
Register for a Program
Sign up for sports, swim lessons, child care and more.
Become a Member
Every Y is Your Y. Nationwide Membership gives you access to the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA and every Y in the country.
Group Ex Schedules
Find an exercise class that is right for you.
Support your Y
The Y believes that everyone in our community deserves the chance to belong and be well. When you give to the Y you help your neighbors find the resources and support they need to be well in spirit, mind and body.
Are you interested in coaching? Want to help with youth programs for a volunteer opportunity your whole family can participate in? When we all join in, we rise together!