Together We ARE Building The NEW Harrisburg YMCA!
The Harrisburg YMCA Capital Campaign for construction of a new YMCA has been making significant strides since its kick-off at the town’s Fourth of July celebration.
Brett Crosby, Executive Director of the YMCA, said the Steering Committee and YMCA staff are excited and grateful for recent corporate and individual contributions, which are moving the campaign toward its final goal of $23 million. The committee plans to hold a groundbreaking for the building in early 2024 with construction to start soon after.
“I encourage everyone to be part of this exciting addition to the Town of Harrisburg,” Crosby added. “Every donation matters. This is truly a community effort.” The campaign is called “Together We Build, The Campaign for a Stronger Harrisburg Community.”
means much more than constructing a YMCA facility with a pool, gymnasiums, and fitness equipment. It's about transforming lives and investing in the Harrisburg community.
Over the past 15 years, the Harrisburg YMCA has grown in strength and impact alongside the community it serves. Our community is diverse, with people from various backgrounds, including those who have relocated to Harrisburg from other parts of the country or world. At the Y, we believe that communities thrive when everyone can reach their full potential.
By working together, we are committing to creating a safe and nurturing environment where we can raise our children. We are also expanding our reach to include seniors and individuals with disabilities, who may be struggling with isolation and a lack of resources. we are building a welcoming community where everyone has access to opportunities to lead healthier lives and contribute positively to society. We now have a chance to build a Harrisburg Y that will serve us for generations to come.
In 2006, the Harrisburg YMCA established itself in the Town Hall through a partnership with the Town of Harrisburg. Since then, it has grown to serve over 3,500 children, adults, and seniors each year through health and wellness programs, afterschool activities, day camps, sports, volunteer opportunities, and community events.
To continue making a meaningful impact, we need to expand our facilities and reach even more people in our community. Thanks to the contributions of Cabarrus County, the Town of Harrisburg, the State of North Carolina, the Cannon Foundation, Atrium Health, and dedicated donors, the Y is moving to a new home in Harrisburg Park. With over $19 million already secured of our $23 million goal, the Together We Build Campaign is creating a strong foundation for our community's future.
Consider giving today and help make the New Harrisburg YMCA a reality.
There are several ways you can get involved in helping us BUILD TOGETHER:
- Founding Membership - Become a founding member of the new Harrisburg YMCA by donating /pledging $10,000 over 5 years (just $2,000 per year.). As a founding member, you will be recognized for your support through permanent signage in the new Y, the option to receive 5 years of membership, and more!
- Naming Opportunities - Make a significant contribution to the Capital Campaign and name a building, room, or program in honor of yourself, your family, or your business. See the opportunities available and donate/pledge today!
- Community Donations - Every donation, regardless of size, helps us reach our goal. Consider making a one-time or recurring donation/pledge to support our Capital Campaign.
- Volunteering - In addition to monetary donations, we also rely on the time and talents of volunteers to help us achieve our goals. If you are interested in volunteering, we have various opportunities available. Click here to see how you can help
- Bricks/Pavers - The “Pave the Way” Campaign offers the community the opportunity to contribute through the purchase of personalized pavers or bricks in honor or memory of someone. Donors have the option of making multi-year pledges in this campaign.
As we embark on our building project, we are excited to introduce new amenities that will enhance the Harrisburg YMCA experience. These include:
- Aquatics Center
- Health and Wellness Center
- Group Exercise Studio
- Youth and Teen Program Space
- Community Health Center
- Locker Room Facilities
Through these new amenities, we will make a positive impact on the following:
- Children by teaching life-saving water skills and building
- Teens through athletics and leadership programs create a sense of belonging and foster strong
- Families by offering childcare, camps, and sports leagues that strengthen friendships, encourage fair play and promote
- Adults and Seniors through living programs, services, and facilities that welcome and serve everyone
- The Community by providing a nurturing environment where everyone is encouraged to reach their full potential.
These new amenities will also increase our visibility within Harrisburg Park, where we expect to have:
By getting involved in our Capital Campaign, you are helping to ensure that the Harrisburg YMCA can continue to provide vital services and programs to our community for years to come. Please consider donating or volunteering today.
Thank you for your support and for helping to BUILD TOGETHER a healthy future!
Have more questions or just want to speak to someone in person? Contact Us!
Thank You for Building Together!
Our Mission Statement
To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.