Governor Cooper Announces Phase 2.5
It’s time to be excited! Governor Cooper announced on Tuesday, September 1 that our indoor fitness centers could reopen. It's wonderful to welcome you back inside and we’ve worked hard to prepare our facilities while putting your safety first.
All branches of the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA have reopened indoor fitness centers with limited capacity and following all local, state, and national guidelines.
All members are required to sign a waiver to enter the facility. Complete the waiver now to save yourself time on your first visit. For youth under 18 years old, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver prior to visiting.
Remember: If your membership is currently on hold or inactive, please allow extra time on your first visit to update your membership and complete all waivers.
Age Guidelines: Youth members who are at least 16 years old may visit the Y without a parent or guardian once a waiver is signed. Youth members under 16 years old may have access to specific areas with a parent or guardian. Please contact your local Y for more information.
Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA members can now call ahead, up to 24 hours in advance, to reserve your spot in various areas of the facility. We encourage you to take advantage of this option as walk-ins are not guaranteed space. Use the links below to make your reservations.
|Fitness Center||Cycle Class|
|Basketball||Indoor Group Exercise|
- Per the Governor's orders masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building. Masks will not be worn during exercise.
- Your membership must be ACTIVE in order to use the Fitness Center. If you are on hold, we will remove the hold on your fist visit.
- Plan to arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time in the Fitness Center to allow our member services staff to check you in to the fitness area.
- Reservations are for a time limit of 75 minutes.
- We will not allow members to stay past their scheduled time in order to allow us a 15 minute cleaning between time slots.
- Reservations are open 24 hours in advance on a first come first serve basis. Please only sign up for one time slot per day.
- Upon entry in the Fitness Center, you will be given a spray bottle and towels. You will be encouraged to wipe down all equipment before and after use. Once you have completed your workout, you will return spray bottle to the attendant.
- Cardio machines will be available, however to enforce social distancing equipment will be limited.
- All participants will need to bring their water bottle and mat for classes.
- Restrooms will be accessible during class times.
- All members will be required to sign and update waiver/account before class.
- Virtual Classes links are through GoTo meetings; these links stay the same throughout the weeks. Zoom classes updated weekly.
- Inclement Weather: If a class has to be canceled due to weather, we will announce the cancellation 1 hour before class on multiple platforms. We will do our best to offer a virtual class via Facebook live on our West Cabarrus Community page during this time. Information will be provided.
- Lane reservations are required–we have limited capacity for your safety.
- Lane reservations will open 24 hours ahead of time and close 30 min before start.
- Reserve your lane now. You can also use our DAXKO mobile app or call 704.795.9622 to make reservations via phone.
- Reserve your time for family swim now. You can also use our Daxko mobile app or call 704.795.9622 to make reservations via phone. Each family will register for one individual spot.
- Life jackets are available, but families are highly encouraged to bring their own.
- Members will enter through the front doors and exit through the left side pool door.
- Locker rooms will be available for entry to the pools and restrooms only.
- Inclement Weather: In the event of a severe storm, both pools will close for 30 minutes from the last audible thunder and/or visible lightning. We will do our best to accommodate interrupted swim time during the next reservation. However, if those slots are full we may not be able to reschedule same day.
- Space is limited to eight bikes. Be sure to reserve your spot below.
- You are able to sign up 24 hours before class starts and up until 1 hour before the class starts.
- If you are unable to attend the class you have registered for, please make sure to cancel your registration or email email@example.com
- If you are having trouble logging on to your YMCA account, please call Member services at 704.795.9622 for assistance.
- Per the Governor's orders, masks must be worn when entering and exiting the building
- Reservations are open 24 hours in advance on a first come first serve basis. To ensure all of our members are able to play, sign up for one slot per day.
- If you have not signed the YMCA Coivd19 Waiver, you must complete this prior to play as well as update your membership status.
- Please bring your own water bottle, paddles and balls. We will not be able to supply equipment at this time.
- Single play only at this time. No doubles.
- Reservations are for members only at this time.
Register for a Program
Sign up for sports, swim lessons, child care and more.
Become a Member
Every Y is Your Y. Nationwide Membership gives you access to the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA and every Y in the country.
West Cabarrus Schedules
Find an exercise class that is right for you.
Share the Harvest Farm
Share the Harvest is a community farm run by volunteers. It was established in 2015 as a grassroots effort to alleviate hunger for children and families throughout Cabarrus County.
Support your Y
The Y believes that everyone in our community deserves the chance to belong and be well. When you give to the Y you help your neighbors find the resources and support they need to be well in spirit, mind and body.
Are you interested in coaching? Want to help with youth programs for a volunteer opportunity your whole family can participate in? When we all join, we rise together!