What is Pickleball? It's a paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players.
Courts are now available! We have court time available at our Hurley, Corriher, and Kannapolis branches. You can call a day in advance to reserve your space. All players must be members of the Rowan-Cabarrus YMCA.
• Wash your hands with soap and water and bring personal use hand sanitizer to the courts.
• Clean and wipe down your paddles and water bottles. Do not share paddles or any other equipment or clothing.
• Bring a full personal use water bottle(s,) as water fountains are not currently in use.
• Bring tissues or a handkerchief for contained sneezing and coughing or consider wearing a Gaiter or mask.
• Use new pickleballs and a new grip or fresh tape on your paddle handle, if possible.
• We recommend coordinating with your playgroup so that each person serves with a different color ball. If multiple colors are not an option, use a sharpie and prominently mark personal pickleballs with your initials.
• Avoid contact with others, such as hand shaking and high fives.
• Limit or stagger playing groups throughout open play schedule and consider alternate days for various groups.
• Consider playing singles only and avoid doubles play, as doubles is not conducive for six-foot social distancing and leads to incidental contact with playing partners.
• If you do elect to play doubles, consider playing with only those who reside within in a household.
• Adhere to CDC guidelines by not touching your face (after handling a ball or paddle).
• Consider using hand sanitizer between games.
• Wash your hands after each match.
• Use your paddle and foot to pick up pickleballs and transfer them to your opponent.
• Avoid changing ends of the court.
• Maintain proper social distancing from other players in between games and during time outs.
AFTER THE GAMES
• Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer immediately after your match is over.
• Avoid post play socializing.
• Avoid locker rooms and changing area – proceed home.
• Thoroughly wash your paddles, grips, pickleballs, towels, clothes, bags, water bottles, and other items you have used or touched.