The Saleeby-Fisher YMCA is seeking a creative, safety-minded, and energetic leader to serve as Youth Development Director.
Under the guidance of the Associate Branch Executive Director, and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Youth Development Director is responsible for the development, management, and administrative operations of all youth programs at the Saleeby-Fisher YMCA, East Rowan branch, including but not limited to: before/after school, day camp, all youth sports, and special events. The Youth Development Director will implement character development as a chief mission of the YMCA and will personally exhibit a commitment to the goal in all YMCA operations.
Incumbent must pass YMCA background checks and successfully complete and maintain CPR/AED and First Aid certifications or the ability to acquire them within 30 days of employment.
• Commitment to exceptional quality member service.
• Exceptional human relation skills and professionalism.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• BA/BS degree in related field is required.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working with youth and families in a leadership role.
• Knowledge of camp, before and after school, and sport programming.
• Teaching, leadership, and management skills.
• Working knowledge of budgeting, group work, and supervision.
• Must be attentive to details, be able to work with and meet deadlines, take initiative to develop and provide information and controls necessary for safe and efficient operations.
• Must be able to take initiative in making decisions and solving problems in the areas of assigned responsibilities and in the best interests of the YMCA.
• Ability to work efficiently independently with little supervision.
• Organizational, time management & problem/conflict resolution abilities.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google Docs/Sheets.
To Apply: Complete the application and return it and your resume to Ashleigh Blue.
790 Crescent Rd
Rockwell, NC 28138