Honoring Governor Cooper’s latest executive order, our Y remains temporarily closed to general membership. We are hosting outdoor Group Exercise classes and have opened our pools on a reservation-only limited basis.
We look forward to welcoming back our members soon, and we are grateful to all of our members who have stayed with us and fueled our efforts to deliver critical emergency services to children and families across our community.
THANK YOU TO OUR CAUSE-DRIVEN MEMBERS!
You are enabling us to lift up our community like never before.
Support for Members
• Conducting wellness checks on Active Older Adults
• Providing groceries and essential items to members unable to leave their homes
• Doing yard work and outdoor maintenance to members who need assistance
• Assisting members with critical bills in cases of need
Childcare for Healthcare Workers
• West Cabarrus YMCA (Concord) is partnering with the Northeast Foundation to provide childcare for Atrium Health employees
• Curriculum from Cabarrus County Schools is incorporated into daily schedules
Emergency Healthcare Site
• J. F. Hurley Family YMCA in Salisbury is working with the Rowan County Emergency Department and VA Hospital to prepare to be an emergency healthcare site should it be needed
Blood Drives & Testing Sites
• The Saleeby-Fisher YMCA (East Rowan), J. Fred Corriher, Jr. YMCA (South Rowan), Harrisburg and Kannapolis YMCAs are hosted blood drives in April and May.
• The Kannapolis YMCA served as a drive-through testing site in partnership with Cabarrus Health Alliance
Healthy Living Resources
• Offering live and recorded virtual workouts on GoToMeeting, Facebook Live and YouTube
• Created a Healthy at Home member challenge
• Started Healthy at Home accountability groups to keep you on track
• Extended the Anywhere Anyway 5K registration and participation deadline
As you can see, the Y is not closed, just our facilities are. We miss you and will reopen as soon as we can! While we continue to follow the Governor’s orders and stay safe at home, we ask you to prayerfully consider how you can support your community through the Y. We ask you, if you are able, to please consider keeping your membership active. No action is required to remain a member. If you would like to turn your membership dues into a donation, please contact your local branch by phone or email. If you are unable to stay with us, please contact your local branch to discuss your options to put your membership on hold.
Healthy At Home Resources
We have live group exercise classes, recorded videos, accountability groups, and more available for you so you can stay healthy at home!At Home Resources